2nd best day ever!

Today was the 1-year anniversary from my kidney surgery...

This is my second most favorite day of my life, weird, I know. My favorite day is my wedding, obviously. But this was the day I felt the true meaning of marriage. This is where "in sickness and in health" came into play. If you know anything about Kelli, you know that she hates blood and won't do anything with medical stuff. Well... that all changed a year ago. After getting my kidney fixed and my internal plumbing reworked, I had some baggage, literally. For three months I had tube coming out of my side that was attached to my kidney on the inside and a bag on the outside. As I drank fluids, the bag filled up with urine and blood (gross to the max) and I was unable to empty it myself for a few weeks because I couldn’t bend over and reach the release valve. Kelli was there for my every need, gross as it may be. Blah blah blah, the whole reason for this post is to share how much I love my wife and how awesome she really is!


4 comments:

Janine Swan said...

You guys are both so amazing. I'm so glad you're feeling better and I'm so glad that you two have each other! Kelli is an amazing wife and it's beautiful how much you love and appreciate her! <3

Cody and Lauren said...

Love it!! Not the surgery...the love :)

mom said...

Dylan,
What a positive way to remember. We all learned a great deal from this family experience.
Love mom

Anonymous said...

I knew you were awesome but how cool to know that your wife is just as awesome! You are lucky to have each other. And what a trooper you are! I never would have guessed you had something so serious going on. She must keep you in very good spirits which is always good for healing. Yippee for happy marriage stuff :)
Take Care,
Christine