k+t.... the san francisco treat

What a way to start off the New Year!!!!

I had the awesome opportunity to photograph my cousin Katie’s wedding in San Francisco. Normally I don’t like to shoot relatives’ or friend’s weddings because it can be tough, but this one didn’t feel like work.

This wedding was like no other… For one thing, it was on time- to the minute. Another thing is that they actually got married in August- so they had already been married for a few months. Let me elaborate. Thad is really smart and works on the other side of the world, but Katie is also really smart and she didn’t want her man leaving without her so they did a little civil marriage a few months ago. If you know anything about Katie, you know that she isn’t one to settle for a civil marriage so she, with the help of many others, planned this gorgeous wedding from the other side of the globe.

One of the things that made this wedding so amazing was the attention to detail. Katie and Thad (more so Katie) have their own and taste and it was apparent in every nook and cranny. You could really tell that this was no ordinary wedding because of how much love from family and friends was put into this wedding.

The wedding itself wasn’t MY favorite part… it was actually the day after. Kelli (who started her photography career) and I went over to my aunt and uncle’s house to share a slideshow of a 130+ images with the family along with the new (kinda) married couple. As we all sat around watching the photos fade in and out, I noticed my cousin crying. After the show, I asked why she was crying and she said after all is said and done those photos are all there is to remember the day and that those memories are irreplaceable. That is why I love my job.



































5 comments:

Bobby Earle said...

Ridiculous.

Dan Nersesian said...

So you're wearing a vest now, huh? Pure class. Love the image with the leaves in the foreground!

Simeon Rodgers said...

Sweet man, good stuff. I love the raindrop picture as well as the one with all the leaves! Keep it up!

lissy said...

hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait to see every last one of your photos. won-der-ful!

Sylvia Borgo said...

Uh-Mazing! Exceptional captures, Dylan.